As we age, skin laxity and sagging become more worrying. To this extent, skincare products and facial masks are no longer effective for skin tightening. In addition, some people may encounter excess fat on their faces, causing chubby cheeks or the loss of facial symmetry. These skin problems can be addressed by Thermage, an ideal treatment for many people.
What is Thermage and How it works?
Thermage is a revolutionary treatment that tightens loose skin resulting from loss of healthy collagen in the skin. Thermage transfers radiofrequency (RF) to heat the dermis, the deeper and collagen-rich layers of the skin, at a depth of 3 millimeters. The applied heat stimulates the production of new collagen without any need for surgery. While the heat is transferred, the tip vibrates and cools the skin surface to aid the comfort of patients.
Thermage is manufactured in many versions, however, Thermage® FLX, the latest version, is an advanced version that delivers immediate and improved results after just one treatment since the applied heat separates the water molecules from the fibrous collagen. As a result, it causes immediate skin contraction, leading to skin tightening. Collagen is remodeled which promotes skin elasticity and, at the same time, new collagen production is stimulated and helps tighten the skin and address excess fat which is the main cause of loose skin.
Who is a good candidate for Thermage?
- Anyone with sagging skin
- Anyone with drooping eyelids and brows
- Anyone with wrinkles
- Anyone who wants to contour their faces and improve definitions
- Anyone with cellulite
What areas can be treated with Thermage?
- Forehead and Temples
- Eyes and Brows
- Neck and Double Chin
- Upper Arm
- Chest / Breasts
- Hip and Thighs
What are the benefits of Thermage?
- Non-invasive therapy for skin tightening
- Quick treatment session, lasting only 30-90 minutes depending on the treatment area
- Immediate results
- Patient comfort aided by integrated cooling with pulsed RF and vibration
- No downtime which patients can resume their normal activities immediately
- Lasting results (up to 1-2 years)
- Multiple treatment areas
Are there common side effects?
After the treatment, some patients may experience redness or minor swelling which normally goes away within 24 hours.
How many treatments will I need?
Thermage treatment should be performed at least once in a year to continuously improve the result of an overall younger-looking appearance.
Why Thermage at KKC Clinic?
When choosing a medical center for skin tightening and contouring, it is important to ensure that the treatment is only performed by well-trained medical professionals to achieve the best possible results. At KKC Clinic, our medical professionals, who have over 16 years of experience, specialize in HIFU treatment. With 15 national and overseas branches, KKC Clinic, the world standard beauty care provider, is committed to exploring and offering cutting-edge innovations with safety standards to guarantee your desired beauty and the highest level of satisfaction.
Instruction for Thermage at KKC Clinic
- Consult our medical professionals who will discuss your desired outcome of skin tightening and examine your skin to ensure that Thermage meets your needs. It is important to inform our professionals about your ongoing medication or treatment to assess possible risks
- When Thermage is considered to be the right procedure after the assessment, our medicine professionals will determine the best possible course of treatment to yield the desired results and explain treatment details and processes
- The appointment of a Thermage session will then be made.
- On the day of your session, you should:
- Avoid taking certain medicines and supplements that can cause bleeding or interfere with the body’s normal blood clotting such as fish oil, Vitamin E, aspirin, and ibuprofen to prevent bleeding or bruises.
- Avoid heat or sun exposure to prevent sun damage on your face for 1 week prior to the appointment
- Avoid creams or serums that stimulate exfoliation such as retinoids, AHA, and BHA to prevent skin irritation 3 days before the appointment
- Get at least 6-8 hours of sleep the night before the treatment to ensure that the skin is fully rested
- On the day of the treatment, you should wash your face and not apply any makeup to your skin because it can interfere with Thermage’s radiofrequency and lead to poor or undesired outcomes.
- On the day of a Thermage session, our medical professionals will follow the steps below:
- A team of medicine professionals specifies the area of treatment to ensure precision.
- Anesthetic is then applied to the specified area which takes effect within 45 minutes.
- A cooling gel is applied to the skin and radiofrequency energy is delivered to the treatment area which takes approximately 30-90 minutes depending on the areas being treated.
- When the treatment is completed, you can resume normal activities immediately without any need for recovery.
Thermage mainly achieves skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, and cellulite removal by transferring radiofrequency (RF) into the deep layer of the skin. When the dermis is heated, collagen and fat are restructured and, meanwhile, production of new collagen is stimulated, resulting in skin rejuvenation, reduction of wrinkles, skin tightening, and a more youthful appearance. At the tip of this cutting-edge equipment, it vibrates and cools the surface of the skin to aid the patient’s comfort. Patients can see the outcomes immediately after the first treatment and full results will be shown within 2-3 months which last for 1-2 years depending on each patient’s aftercare. If Thermage is your ideal treatment, don’t forget to contact or consult a team of medical professionals at KKC clinic. Our team is always ready to assist everyone with answers and suggestions.